María Dolores Salsa Verde makes this Mexican Green Rice absolutely delicious! So fresh with the flavors of cilantro and parsley, it pairs well with heavy foods to give a nice contrast. María Dolores products are available at Globus, Ziano.ch, and many local Metzgerei!
- For Green Rice:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1.5 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or boullion
- 1/2 cup Maria Dolores Salsa Verde
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer.
- Add rice and cook 3 minutes or until rice begins to lightly toast and smell fragrant, stirring often.
- Add chicken broth, Maria Dolores Salsa Verde, chopped parsley and chopped cilantro, then season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover pot and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and fluff with fork.